BROUGHTON CASTLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Broughton Castle VAT NO 293937411
1. These terms and conditions apply to your purchase of any tickets to Broughton Castle, including:
- Castle Entry and Garden Only tickets
- Event tickets
2. Opening hours, events and offers are subject to change and at times it may be necessary to restrict access to the facilities. While we will endeavour to publicise any such changes on our website and ticket offices, we strongly advise checking the relevant details by visiting www.broughtoncastle.com before you visit.
3. Tickets are non-refundable.
4. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of a ticket or entry to any part of Broughton Castle where it is reasonable for us to do so.
5. Tickets may not be resold.
6. Any tickets or donation receipts which have been altered or defaced will be void.
7. Visitors will be admitted upon presentation of a valid ticket.
8. All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a ticket-holding adult.
9. Please be aware that there are some areas in and around Broughton Castle which are not quite level and areas where visitors could fall as well as being surrounded by a moat. Rather than put up signs to spoil your view or to restrict access to these areas, we want to keep things just as they were intended years ago. This relies on our visitors being alert to these potential issues and particularly keeping young children nearby and safe.
10. Broughton Castle shall have no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by you or occurring to any items belonging to you, other than in the event of death or personal injury occurring to you as the result of Broughton Castle’s negligence. Broughton Castle will not be responsible for any loss or any expense due to circumstances beyond Broughton Castle’s control.
11. Drone filming is not permitted from the Castle, Park or Broughton Estate.
12. Commercial photography and filming are not permitted within the Broughton Castle Garden or Park without the prior written permission of Broughton Castle and may not be publicly distributed without the prior permission of Broughton Castle.
13. Except where a wedding has taken place in Broughton Castle, wedding photography is not permitted within the Broughton Castle Estate unless the prior consent of Broughton Castle has been obtained.
14. The use of tripods or selfie sticks is not allowed inside Broughton Castle.
15. Large bags and rucksacks are not allowed inside Broughton Castle.
16. Dogs are not permitted in the Castle, with the exception of assistance dogs. All dogs must be kept on a lead at all times in the garden and park.
17. The use of BBQs – disposable or otherwise – is not permitted Broughton Castle Park or Garden. Paying visitors only are welcome to bring their own picnics when and where specified on the website. If those visitors are picnicking in the Park they should be aware that sheep and livestock are often in the Park. We ask that visitors do not litter by taking their litter home.
18. We may conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and other items, both on entry and exit in order to protect your safety and that of other visitors and staff.
19. The following items are prohibited within the boundary of the premises:
- Any items which are or appear to be illegal.
- Weapons, ammunition, explosives, horns, whistles, drums, fireworks, flagpoles, banners, balloons, sporting equipment, large umbrellas or any other item which in our reasonable opinion may cause danger or disruption to any event, to other visitors, staff or resident wildlife.
20. Visitors are not permitted to bring food and beverages into the Castle.
21. As a condition of ticket purchase, visitors to Broughton Castle consent to being photographed, filmed or sound recorded for use on TV, websites, social media, DVD, webcast, promotional materials, or other public mediums, as part of the audience, or by security CCTV. Signs are put up to make visitors aware of when filming and photography is taking place. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed please do not remain in the area being filmed or photographed.